For hundreds of years, master soap makers in Marseille, France have created exquisite, gentle soaps using only 3 native ingredients: olive oil, alkaline ash from sea plants, and Mediterranean saltwater. Marseille soap is a pure & gentle, all-in-one soap used for everything around the home, including:
- Washing Hands & Body
- Laundry Soap
- Stain Remover
- Surface & Floor Cleaner
Today, less than five soap makers still craft Marseille soap according to the centuries-old tradition. The delicate mixture is heated for ten days in antique cauldrons, then poured into open pits where it hardens. Its simple, natural ingredients & minimal packaging have popularized the soap once again as more people join the eco-friendly movement.
- Vegan & Palm-Oil Free
- Approx. 21oz - the equivalent of about 5-6 regular soap bars
- Fragrance Free, but does have a natural smell of ash
- Handmade; Each soap is unique and imperfect
- Made in France
- Ingredients: Olive Oil (72%), Alkaline Ash, Salt Water
- 100% Pure: The fine white powder on the surface of the soap is a bit of the sea salt, which will disappear once the soap is wet. This beloved characteristic affirms the authenticity of genuine Savon de Marseille. Fresh Marseille Soap can be a bit moist upon arrival. Allowing it to dry and harden will make it last longer.